BACK TO LOBBY
Founded in 1968, by the Honoured Member of the Academy of Athens for Sciences and Philosophy, Professor of Medicine Vassilios Malamos, HSNM&MI is one of the oldest European societies in Nuclear Medicine.
HSNM&MI operates and acts as the main and only consultant for the Greek State, in any kind of issue including and interfering with Nuclear Medicine. Since the beginning, HSNM&MI has kept on collaborating worldwide with EANM, WFNMB and IAEA.
In addition, HSNM&MI has a leading role concerning the promotion of Nuclear Medicine in the Balkan region, by contributing to the organization of BCNM congresses.
• Scientific development of Nuclear Medicine and its biological applications.
• Contributing to research, study and optimization of Nuclear Medicine applications in Greece.
• Promoting Nuclear Medicine education in the context of continuing medical education
• Promoting cooperation of other disciplines in the field of Nuclear Medicine.
• Formulation, protection and compliance with radiation protection regulations, in accordance with the existing provisions, regarding handling, use and disposal of radioisotopes.
• Representation and cooperation of the Society’s representatives with the State, the European Union and international scientific bodies in general.
HSNM&MI has a total of 380 members, including Nuclear Medicine physicians and residents, Nuclear physicists, Technologists, Radiobiologists and Radiopharmacists.
• Right to participate in the HSNM&MI bodies and committees
• Right to participate in the HSNM&MI decision making, as a member of the General Assembly
• Access to e-learning material and announcements of the Members’ Area
• Discount in HSNM&MI and affiliated associations’ events’ registration